Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Poem of a Poem

I set out to write a poem

A verse from the depths of my soul

Something that would touch hearts

That would not be too droll

But I realized, empty I was

Dry as a drought

Empty with nothing to say

Robbed of my poems by the trifles of life

So I decided to write a poem about a poem

Not a rhyming poem, an obscure poem that reeks of nonsensical words

Nonsensical words and poor poetry and grammar

A poem about a poem that was, that is, but really is not

A poem from a person who should be sleeping, but is not

A poem for all of my fellow struggling poets, who are lacking inspiration for poems

Yet, within them still burns the fire to write

So I say, write anyways, forget inspiration, just write and let the words fall where they may

No comments:

Post a Comment